We are glad to inform you that the Fourth Georgy Teratsuyants International Choir Festival is to take place from 21.02.2017 to 24.02.2017 in Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia. It is organized by Petrozavodsk State University with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Karelia. And it is our pleasure to invite you and your choir to take part in it.
The festival unites choirs of Karelia, Russia and other countries in the name of our Great Teacher Georgy Ervandovich Teratsuyants, the founder and conductor of Petrozavodsk State University Academic choir. The festival is held in the memory of him and his attitude to choral music, his ideas about this kind of art as well as the sense of responsibility and belonging which were characteristic of the choir under his direction.
During the festival participants have a chance to perform in the best concert halls of Petrozavodsk. In the course of the festival there will be a contest for the best performance of a piece by the composers of Northern Europe (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) or the Republic of Karelia, and the best performance of the piece written by the composer of the participant’s region. During the festival a few workshops of the greatest masters from Russia and Germany will be held, and the participants will be able to attend them. Also you will become a part of the big combined Festival choir.
Gala-concert and the closing ceremony of the Festival will include the program for the combined choir and will unite participants, guests and spectators.
To know more about the festival, please, go to choralfestival.petrsu.ru (choose ‘English”) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to see your choir among festival participants. See you in Karelia – the land of beautiful Northern nature.
Petrozavodsk State University
Of “The 5th Georgy Teratsuyants International Choir Festival”
February 21-24, 2019
The regulations of “The 5th Georgy Teratsuyants International Choir Festival” (The Festival) stipulate the purposes and objectives as well as the rules and procedures of The Festival.
1. Purposes and objectives of The Festival:
- to introduce the creative legacy of Russian and foreign peoples to the youth;
- to improve amateur and training choirs’ performance quality;
- to share cultural and educational experience;
- to establish, develop and strengthen professional and cultural connections among choirs,
- to familiarize people with creative and musical trends in contemporary choral art
- to introduce people to differences between traditional European and Russian style of choir performance (with the participation of foreign choirs),
- to enhance the prestige of Petrozavodsk as the cultural centre of the Republic of Karelia.
The Festival founder is Petrozavodsk State University (PetrSU).
The founder is entitled to spread information about Festival purposes, objectives and programme and advertise itself during the festival events.
The Founder forms the Organising committee and the Board of adjudicators.
3. General rules and regulations:
- Male, female and mixed choirs and choral ensembles (Participants) are welcome to participate in the Festival.
- An Arts Board will be functioning within the Festival; it will provide the participants with the rehearsals within the combined choir of the Festival in order to prepare the program for the final concert.
- Each Participant has the right to compete in the performance of a piece by composers of Northern Europe and be fairly appraised by the Board of adjudicators. The decision of the adjudicator(s) is final and not subject to any appeal. The Board reserves the right not to present the prize.A competition piece should be written by a composer from Northern Europe (Island, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia) or the Republic of Karelia (Russia). There are no restrictions on the subject or the date of a piece.
- A Participant is free to select the program. Duration of each Participant’s performance should not exceed 25 minutes. The performance should contain no less than 50% of a cappella music.
- A Participant is obliged to take part in the Gala-concert and perform the piece(s) chosen by the Board of adjudicators.
- A sacred music concert will be held within the festival; therefore all the participants are recommended to have 1-2 sacred pieces in the repertoire.
- Prior to the Festival a Participant is required to study the scores of the pieces which will be performed by the combined choir. The program will be attached in choralfestival.petrsu.runot later than October 1, 2018.
- The Organising Committee shall provide Participants with piano in the place of performance if needed.
- The organising committee retains the right to make audio and video recordings of performances and other festival events which can be used for broadcasting in any mass media or on the Internet.
- The participation in the festival is free of charge. At the end every participant is awarded a diploma.
- It is necessary to fill in an application form until November 1, 2018, follow the link https://goo.gl/forms/tRyvdWExSqUFUdqJ2 (NB! To upload the application, please, attach a video or audio file with you performing any piece. The recording must be made not later than January 1, 2017. The recording will be essential for the decision of the organizing committee. Organizing committee is obliged to inform all the participants about its decision not later than November 15, 2018.
- All travel costs, meals and lodging expenses are to be fully covered by Participants. Please, contact the Orginising Committee if there is any difficulty in searching for a hostel/hotel or a canteen for your choir/ensemble. The Organising committee is ready to render every assistance in finding the best variant for you.
4. Festival organizing committee
Alexander Voronin, Chairman of the committee, president of Petrozavodsk State University,
Elena Yolyna, Vice-chairman, director of Petrozavodsk State University Academic Choir,
Vasilii Katarov, vice-rector,
Nikolay Matashin, conductor of Petrozavodsk State University Choir,
5. Postal address and contacts of the Festival
185000 Russia, Petrozavodsk,
+7-911-429-19-57 (Elena Yolyna)